- June 14, 2018
- Posted by: redrazor_admin
- Category: Digital marketing, website design
4 Important Tips For Rebuilding Your Website
Websites are extremely important for business owners. Having an online presence not only creates a link between you and your customers but creates a brand for your company. Building your website well from the beginning can help prevent the need to rebuild it in the future. We work with a lot of website redesigns and sadly many times our clients just finished developing their website. This can be frustrating spending more money to fix a poorly built site after already having spent time, money, and effort.
In order to avoid this costly and frustrating problem, there are 4 tips that every business owner should know when redesigning their website:
- Always ask your developer what platform or language the site is being created in. Sometimes web developers build sites in proprietary systems or outdated site editors. This can create a huge hassle if you decide to change web developers. The smartest decision is to build a site in a platform and language that is common – this makes transitioning to other web development teams easy and ultimately saves you money. In the past, we had a client who didn’t realize that their site had been built in an outdated and old platform that very few developers knew how to use. In fact, there were very few developers in Greenville that even knew that platform existed. This meant the client had to have their site rebuilt from scratch.
- Develop your site with mobile users in mind. The majority of your users will find your site on a mobile device, so it’s essential to develop your site to be responsive. That way it works well to accommodate any screen size. Some developers start with a desktop format in mind and end up spending valuable time and resources correcting errors in mobile formatting.
- Focus on writing useful content that people actually want to read. Many times content can be the afterthought once the glitzy exterior of the website has been completed. Writing quality content is also a major factor in helping your site to rank well in SEO search results. Another tip is to make sure you continue to update your site’s content regularly. By having good content your website becomes informative to current and future customers on services and products offered by your business.
- Capture Google Analytics data before the site rebuild. Google Analytics allows you to see the amount of time users spend on your site, how many pages they go to, where they go on the site, etc. It is preferable to have the same Google Analytic account during this whole process; however, many times agencies will set up their own account and won’t provide their client with the data after they leave. So, before starting a new design, ask your current agency for Google Analytics access and/or reports. This allows you to create a benchmark. It is difficult to measure success, without first knowing where you started.
These 4 tips will help you work with any digital marketing agency during a website rebuild. Not only will you have a better experience, but it could also save you a lot of money and time. If you need help with a website rebuild – we would love to be your long-term digital marketing partner. Call Red Razor Marketing today!